Sunday, December 30, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Also happening in the basement.. Lego building.
Kyra got a few sets of one of her favorite guys:
And Alec got his dream, The Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon so we're going to share the progression of this amazing building extravaganza!
The manual-- or huge book..
Spreading it all out
These guys are patiently awaiting their ship
About 12 hours into it...
More to come later
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Monday, December 24, 2007
Miss you guys! And hope you sickies are feeling better really soon!
My sister, her husband and 2 of her kids, (almost grown kids, wow!) joined us, along with my parents.
Of course there were treats
Doesn't Tim look goood in the kitchen?
And there was gift opening!
One can never have enough Spud attire. Yes, my high school's mascot is a potato.
We were actually joined by a Level ?? Humanoid !!
Kyra made cards for everyone.
And she serenaded us with Christmas carols.
Sitting together, enjoying each other's company is nice.
But, yes, don't worry, we're still plenty weird. :)
We played a serious game of Apples to Apples.
Did I say serious? Check out Kyra's face... hee hee!
And we heard comments like, "you BETTER pick my card or I'm gonna SCHMUCK ya!"
It was a fun day.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
So much fun :) really fun stuff. Things that we love about it:
1. Detailed design of your character. Yes, you can put a tattoo on and have dreads of purple, and see your character as you play! And if you want a different tattoo later, no problem! *g*
3. both electric and bass guitar options, although you have to buy or have an extra guitar to play both.
4. the guitar play in this works so much better for me, than Guitar Hero, I'm not quite sure why. It might be that it plays more like a real guitar. This is the Rock Band guitar that comes with the set. You just strum and it works! Unfortunately, Alec did not like the guitar on this but we can get a Guitar Hero guitar for X-box 360 and it'll be what he's used to :)
Gotta go now, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive' is so much fun. Imagine that you actually can play that guitar part. :D Jon Bon Jovi would so want me in his band *G*
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Peter Jackson to produce 'The Hobbit'And who else should do it??? But I do wish he was going to direct it too. Well, at least he and his wife will have input with it.
We will have to wait until 2010 though, for the first one. Yes, first one :) There will be 2. One happy Tolkien lover here.
Here are a couple of articles. http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/18/film.thehobbit.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Monday, December 17, 2007
You can find it over at sandradodd.com/kellylovejoy/wetpaint
or subscribe to Connections which is an ezine of unschooling and mindful parenting. I think Connections is a wonderful resource and is in existence due to the hard work of Danielle Conger.
Hope everyone is having a wonderfully warm and joyous holiday season!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Here are the rules courtesy her mother.
Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog of ten weird or random facts about you, your habits, or your goals. At the end, choose ten people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave each a comment (such as, "You're IT!") with instructions to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you, but you should let her know when you've posted to your blog so she can see your answers.
My random things:
1. I tend to do things differently from what I'm told so I'll probably not come up with 10 things about myself. And I'll probably not tag anyone since I'm really running out of people and if people want to play I'll let them choose that themselves. :)
2. I have a obsessive relationship with coffee. Love the smell, love the warm feeling it gives me as I hold my cup and I love the energy it gives me. Yes, caffeine is usually my drug of choice.
3. I love writing but I so often hit the delete button. Maybe some day I'll hit the publish button more often, or not.
4. I love saying ... "or not".
5. I love playing instruments, I play the piano, violin, bells, dabble with the recorder, cello and really want to learn guitar, and harp.
6. I'm very sensitive and cry really easy. REALLY easily from music, movies and books... OK over a lot. I'm learning to be OK with that. It's just me :D
7. I don't bite my nails but I pick them, and usually when I watch a movie. And I love movies so my nails are usually short, very short.
8. I enjoy playing video games. Yes, I'm 40 years old and I like gaming. In fact I was just on my druid from WoW, doing some leveling.
9. When I read a book I live that book, it's right with me as I live my life, even when I've stopped reading. The characters hang right there in my head for a long time, the setting stays too.
That's all I can think of right now... oh, this can be 10...
10. I think MJ is cool.
Thanks MJ :)
Monday, December 10, 2007
And what's the pay off? Well...
you get a mount of course!
A mount gives you a 60% increase in speed. No more walking and with the huge land of Azeroth, one needs a mount! ;)
I also leveled my druid up. Kyra is on the right and I'm on the left.
My mount is a spotted frost saber and she got a war horse.
Now we're waiting for the holiday patch, where we'll be able to ride reindeer! So fun!
I think she'll be doing her own post about it too, if you want to check it out at her blog.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Sunday, December 02, 2007
OMG.. they really can reach into our lives in different ways can't they?
Here's part of the article that's here: Microsoft lets parents stop the game
Microsoft lets parents stop the game clock
New Xbox 360 family functions will give parents more control.
Concerned about your child's gaming habits? Your life is about to be made easier -- at least, if your family owns an Xbox 360. Microsoft, the console's manufacturer, plans to include a "Family Timer" in the 360's Fall System Update, due to roll out to all Internet-connected consoles on December 4.
The Family Timer, a feature that's unique to the Xbox 360, allows parents to set a maximum amount of daily or weekly time that their kids can use the console. The unfortunate youth will receive a series of warnings as their time expires before being kicked out when the countdown reaches zero. Parents can override the timer if they feel their offspring deserves extra gaming privileges, or disable it altogether if they fancy a little play once the kids are in bed.
Downloading the update will be automatic if your Xbox is connected to a broadband network, and the update process should take less than a minute, Microsoft's Group Project Manager Adam Greenberg told Yahoo!. Once downloaded, parents can find the Family Timer settings by going to the "System" blade of their console's main menu. The timer can be set in 15-minute increments, and you can always ask the kids for help -- although you may not want to let them know what you're planning to do.
Yeah, you can ask the kids for help. You can, but if you're always limiting them they'll never know how to do anything anyway, better do it quick! Ask before they're stiffled!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
1. My age next year: 41
3. Favorite place: near water
Oh, and isn't she beautiful?
6. Favorite Animal: Horses
7. Favorite Color: Green and Purple
And another reason to love C A N A D A :) this was taken in Manitoba
9. Town I was born in: Moorhead MN