Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Our interests as of late

The music that you hear is the song that Abbi is working on right now. I worked on it when I was 17 or so and had taken piano lessons for about 10 years. Honestly, I think she knows it better right now than I ever did.

It's been chilly here the last couple of days, as I write this it still hasn't gotten above 20 F, and it's 10:00 a.m. That's cold for Georgia! So as we stay inside we've been enjoying some nice inside cozy activities.


Abbi's been working on the piano, working out, baking wonderful cookies and watching Buffy and Angel.

Alec's been playing Persona 3, drumming every day and still enjoying raids with his guild on WoW.

Kyra's been leveling her druid on WoW, she's up to level 50 now! She loves talking with friends over the computer and watching Buffy and Angel.

Thank you Kimi who borrowed us the whole Angel series, we can w
atch to our hearts desire :)


Here are 2 of our favorite cookies recipes, we have a hard time keeping any of these around!

Ginger Snaps from my mother-in-law Jan

Cream: 1 1/2 C shortening (we use butter flavored crisco)

2 C sugar

Add: 1/2 c molasses
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 eggs
Mix, then add:

4 cups flour
2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon salt

Chill dough for a couple of hours (or not, sometimes we're in a hurry and they're still good ;) roll into balls and sugar

375 degrees for 10-12 minutes


and our Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix in this order:

2 Cups sugar

1 Cup brown sugar
1 cup crisco (we use butter flavored crisco on this too)
1 cup butter
2 eggs
4 Cups flour
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
4 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon vanille
1 package Chocolate chips semi sweet is what we like or chocolate chunks are good too.


350 degrees for 10-12 minutes

Enjoy!




oops.. a little angel/David on the brain. Yes I have also enjoyed the shows.

I meant, enjoy those cookies!

4 comments:

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Oh, cool! New cookie recipes!

I just sent pics of the cookies and cupcakes that Meredith has been making to my MIL this morning. We found this cool book with very imaginative cupcake decorating ideas.

http://tinyurl.com/dxmhp7

Mer made the sunflower cupcakes. I am dying to try making the TV dinner cupcakes -- looks just like a TV dinner!

Your Life Lately sounds cozy and warm and musical and fun! And doesn't the house smell good from all the baking? :)

dharmamama said...

I just saw some dark-chocolate-covered gingersnaps at Trader Joes, but I didn't get them. Now I know why! It's so I can make these, and dip some in dark chocolate.

I've been on a "Bones" kick lately, they started showing it every night here. That's largely because of Mr. Boreanaz, it was a thrill to see the pic!

kelli said...

Laura: It does smell so yummy when cookies are baking :) and we always have some kind of music playing, right now it's Miss Amy Steinberg going from my 'puter.

Caren: I would love to find a station that played the Bones series every night *g* I'm waiting for the next disc from Netflix. Fun show!

Silvia said...

I started watching Buffy last year. :) I love Angel. . . Haven't gotten through all the Buffy seasons, and haven't started on Angel yet. But I love watching him in Bones. I started watching that show because I really enjoy the original books by Kathy Reichs.