Saturday, April 14, 2007

I received this horoscope today. I think I've said it before, but, I don't know how much I believe them but I like reading them. :)

I especially liked the bottom paragraph. Abbi and I were reading through it and learned a new word-- ebullience. I like that word. What a GREAT word *g*

Defined as:
1.high spirits; exhilaration; exuberance.
2.a boiling over; overflow.

or

n. Zestful enthusiasm.

What a great word for our unschooling life. Yeppers.

Here's the horoscope.

Fun In Action
Scorpio Daily Horoscope

A need to play can commandeer your attention today, compelling you to leave serious matters by the wayside in order to concentrate on pursuits you deem fun. Even if your circumstances require that you devote a large portion of your time or energy on mundane duties, you can still find many opportunities to enjoy yourself. Games and sports can provide you with wonderful diversions today, though you may have to gather together family and friends to ensure have plenty of participants. And your everyday chores may even seem more fun than usual today if you approach them with an eye toward competing with yourself.

When a craving for fun strikes, satisfying ourselves will almost always be a matter of proactively finding opportunities to take part in those activities we truly enjoy. We cannot wait for life to provide us with stimulus that tickles our fancies because so much of existence is concerned with serious matters. Our ebullience can be a wonderful guide that will naturally provide us with the tools we need to recognize playful prospects. We may find that we need to create our own fun and that the games or entertainment we devise carry with them an extra component of fulfillment in that they are uniquely ours. Joy thus begets more joy provided we are willing to take steps to nurture it. Your positive mood will find a practical outlet today when you keep your eyes open for opportunities to engage in the pursuits that bring you happiness.


It seems to go pretty well with what's going on in our day. We have my 2 nephews visiting which is always fun. And we have an additional friend coming over today too.

Fun and joy galore. :)

3 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

Isn't that what about 50% of our days are like, as unschoolers? That is a great horoscope. I love the word too. I keep meaning to start my own "dictionary" because I'm always running across interesting words when I am reading and I would like to expand my vocabulary. Maybe I will just have to start it with ebulliance, how do you pronounce that?

Heidi Snavley said...

Whoops, I mean ebullience.

kelli said...

**how do you pronounce that?**

like this "i-buhl-yuhns". That's how they put it at dictionary.com anyway :) with emphasis on the "buhl" kind of like bool.