Friday, August 25, 2006

Amazing


Well, we've had some amazing days- emotional, happy, sad, stressful, invigorating. Amazing.

We celebrated Hayden's and Hannah's birthday, and also recognized Hannah's passing from this life to her next phase. I have a really hard time putting into words the awesomeness that accompanies this experience. The friendships around it all. The love felt through the people. The sadness, yet happiness in the memories. All so amazing.

The ceremony I held for us was beautiful and seemed to be exactly what we all needed. I'd like to share one part that was really sweet. We were all offering to Hannah parts of the earth that we would want her to have with her for her journey. For example, I said "I am the beautiful sunrise. I offer this to you Hannah." Other things included were the fire, birds, flowers. When it was Alec's turn he was a little hesitant, not sure what to say and then he said "I'm a rock". Diana and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes. Amazed that he would think of that.

Alec was wondering why were in such awe.Alec didn't know that Hannah's last words were,,"don't worry Mom, I'm a rock".

This life is amazing. It can sometimes be sad, difficult, and even outright sucky,, but if we can step back and see the awesomeness that is present. What a gift. Diana always talks about how she's so blessed; I have to agree. I am also, so blessed. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing that tender moment.
Blessed Be...