Wednesday, April 01, 2009

They like spelling things.


Playing Bananagrams yesterday I realized I have my own personalized spell checkers right beside me. Yes, Alec and Abbi have surpassed me in spelling skill. I've always been a pretty good speller, but they can by far remember words better than me. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe not, all I know is that they're good and they have fun doing it :)

Alec had maybe 1 1/2 school years of spelling tests, Abbi had 1 year (1st grade... I can't believe 6 years olds have tests...) Testing did not make them good spellers; learning about what they think is interesting did. (And their grammar is better than mine too ;)

Cool, huh?

2 comments:

gail said...

Very cool! I use Brenna as my spell checker when she's home and Logan when he's awake at the same time as I am :-) I woke up to Bananagrams spelling on my floor this morning. I'll try and post about it later today. Happy April Fools Day!

Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing me to Bananagrams, and for letting me "help" you play!

Hope Sadie is feeling better.