Saturday, May 28, 2011

Queen Anne's Lace and Snowflakes

Kyra and I are home. She's been pretty sick the last week. She started up on antibiotics 2 days ago and now this morning is seeming to feel better. It scares me when she's sick like this, Abbi had something similar a month or so ago and it's awful.

I have to take the dog for her walks alone since Tim, Alec and Abbi are here.

But.. it could be worse-- walk down to the lake, enjoy the woods beside me and check out all the wild flowers along the way.

This is one of my favorites.


Partly because they are new to me, and partly because I have a beautiful bowl with the bloom impression on it. It's a Queen Anne's Lace, and actually a carrot plant. I had never seen them in Minnesota. I think it probably does grow in parts of the state
but I wasn't aware of them. The bowl was a gift from a friend and when she gave it to me I thought, "how pretty! A bowl with a snowflake!" :) Yes, I lived in Minnesota, and snowflakes were around quite a bit of the time.

Here's the bowl, I love it.



I do miss snowflakes, but Queen Anne's lace is a nice substitute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This weed/flower was my grandmas favorite. It is so beautiful with a field of them! So dainty and delicate. Beautiful picture.